As a Leadership Academy (Operations) Coordinator, you will sit on the Theta Tau Educational Foundation Leadership Academy Committee and lead the oversight of planning, resourcing, event management, and promotion of the 2022 Leadership Academy. The Leadership Academy is the Foundation’s signature event and is a memorable experience for attendees. You will perform a variety of tasks related to both logistics & operations, promotions and Fraternity coordination as related to Leadership Academy.
The following are the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to execute:
- Contribute to developing and executing the event plan
- Attend Leadership Academy Committee meetings
- Serve as event-coordinator at the 2022 Leadership Academy to ensure successful execution
- Seek out other volunteers for event in 2022
- Engage with Theta Tau Central Office Executive Director as needed
Other duties and responsibilities you may volunteer for or be assigned:
- Be part of date & site selection for the event (March – June 2021)
- Contribute to negotiation on contracts for food & lodging at event
- Create and share promotional materials for potential student and alumni attendees
- Physical and digital content
- Manage registration of attendees
- Determine funding and financial considerations for the Foundation and attendees (e.g. budget)
Skills: This Position Might be for You if
You have strong project-management skills and/or have experience coordinating large events.
You have strong written and verbal communication skills to connect with student chapters, alumni, sponsors, universities, etc.
You are detail-oriented and have confidence in creating and executing a plan.
You are a problem solver, resourceful, and decisive.
- Can devote an average of 5-10 hours per month to this position
- 60-minute committee meeting every month (planning & working meeting)
- Volunteer time may vary month to month. Expect to need more volunteer hours leading up to site selection (April – June 2021) and promotion for registration
- Significant increase in hours as event approaches (est. July 2022)
- Attend general Foundation volunteer orientation
- Complete orientation for past Leadership Academy documents and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Report to Leadership Academy Committee Leads on duties & responsibilities
- Gain experience in event/project management
- Increase exposure and expand your Theta Tau network through interactions with chapters, Central Office, and sponsors
- Contribute your time and talents back to Theta Tau!