As a Leadership Academy (Programming) Coordinator, you will sit on the Theta Tau Educational Foundation Leadership Academy Committee and lead the development of the student and alumni content & curriculum of the 2022 Leadership Academy. The Leadership Academy is the Foundation’s signature event and is a memorable experience for attendees. You will perform a variety of tasks related to content, curriculum, facilitation and volunteer leadership as related to Leadership Academy.
The following are the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to execute:
- Contribute to developing and executing the event plan
- Attend Leadership Academy Committee meetings
- Attend the 2022 Leadership Academy to ensure successful leadership and facilitation of the event
- Review previous Leadership Academy content
- Refresh/create professional-development content for students and alumni
- Assist in development of event agenda to include keynote speakers, breakout sessions, etc.
- Recruit facilitators and other volunteers for event in 2022
- Lead other volunteers (facilitators, break out leaders, etc)
- Engage with Theta Tau Central Office Executive Director as needed
Other duties and responsibilities you may volunteer for or be assigned:
- Survey students and alumni for desired content and development areas
Skills: This Position Might be for You if
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as editing skills to create/refine content that is meaningful, deliverable, and consumable for students and alumni. This would include the ability to write clear educational content and to prepare well-structured drafts to collaborate with other facilitators.
You have experience in large and small group facilitation.
You have strong project management skills to coordinate a large event with various presentations and contributors.
You have passion for creating a learning space with a cohesive, fun, and engaging theme.
You have the ability to meet deadlines, are a problem solver, resourceful, and decisive.
- Can devote an average of 5-10 hours per month to this position
- 60-minute committee meeting every month (planning & working meeting)
- Volunteer time may vary month to month. Expect to need more volunteer hours preparing facilitators in Spring 2022 (January – May)
- Significant increase in hours as event approaches (est. July 2022)
- Attend general Foundation volunteer orientation
- Complete orientation for past Leadership Academy documents and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Report to Leadership Academy Committee Leads on duties & responsibilities
- Gain experience in event/program management
- Develop your own professional skills by programming an engaging skill-development weekend
- Gain experience building a training curriculum and facilitating learning
- Increase exposure and expand your Theta Tau network through interactions with chapters, Central Office, and volunteer facilitators
- Contribute your time and talents back to Theta Tau!