Do you want to drive donations and build donor relationships to enable more educational content, experiences, and financial support for our student and alumni members?
As a Fundraising Coordinator, you will sit on the Theta Tau Educational Foundation Fundraising Committee and perform a variety of tasks related to both development and execution of fundraising campaigns and activities. These positions help to extend the resources in the Foundation to successfully create, execute, process and review fundraising activities.
This may include content creation, performance tracking and other tasks as determined by the Fundraising Committee or assigned by the Fundraising Committee Lead. The following are the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to execute:
- Contribute to developing and executing targeted solicitation campaigns
- Create physical and digital content for campaigns and brand awareness
- Establish and track fundraising performance
- Be a spokesperson for fundraising on behalf of the Foundation – engaging with your Theta Tau personal connections
- Engage with Foundation Treasurer and Central Office Executive Director as needed
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Theta Tau volunteers, partners and donors
Other duties and responsibilities you may volunteer for or be assigned:
- Learn how to, and serve as admin for our online platform for campaigns
- Write content/copy for campaigns
- Send thank-you letters to donors
- Create process for processing & recording donations and/or deposits sent through mail
- Manage bequest solicitation of alumni members (donations via estate planning)
Skills: This Position Might be for You if:
You are self-directed, willing to take initiative, and are detail-oriented.
You have strong written and verbal communications skills. This is critical for campaign copy that tells the “why” behind the Foundation.
You have strong interpersonal skills and understand how to engage others. This is critical for reaching out to others to encourage interaction and participation in events and campaigns.
You have experience or passion with design and branding. This is critical for visually engaging campaign content for a wide range of audiences.
- Can devote an average of 5-10 hours per month to this position
- 60-minute committee meeting every other week (planning & working meeting)
- Volunteer time may vary depending on upcoming or active campaign timing. August – October expected to need more volunteer hours for Founders Day of Giving campaign (10+ hours per month)
- Attend general Foundation volunteer orientation
- Complete orientation for fundraising programs, systems and documents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Report to Fundraising Committee Lead on duties & responsibilities
- Gain experience in project management (through campaign execution)
- Build skills in the non-profit space
- Expand your network by connecting with alumni
- Contribute your time and talents back to Theta Tau!